The purpose of the Distance Learning Interest Group is to provide a statewide forum for library staff interested in distance learning services.
- to encourage discussion on topics relevant to library support for distance learners and educators
- to share information by sponsoring professional development opportunities
- to promote library involvement with distance learning programs on Ohio campuses
- to explore opportunities for cooperation with other distance learning organizations
- to promote the exchange of information with the ACRL Distance Learning Section
To hold an annual meeting that includes either a program or a roundtable discussion, to sponsor a spring workshop and to contribute to the ALAO Newsletter on topics related to distance learning.
Membership is open to any ALAO member who has an interest in library issues related to distance learning. Two co-chairs, supported by the DLIG Coordinating Committee, plan and facilitate workshops, projects, and conference sessions. If you are interested in joining the DLIG Coordinating Committee, please contact one of the DLIG Co-Chairs.
Professional Development Opportunities
The DLIG presents workshops, including a sponsored session at the ALAO Annual Conference and a spring workshop, at various Ohio locations twice a year.
- Bookmark this blog or set up an RSS feed so you are the first to know when content has been added.
- Check out our YouTube Channel for video tutorials.